export/import

From: <raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

Folks, I am trying to user export and import as a mode of backing up data for the tables owned by a specific user. But when I import the data back to the tables, I get duplicate rows. How can I eliminate this ? Below are the example of export and import commands I am using : EXPORT:
exp system/manager rows=y consistent=y grants=n indexes=n constraints=n owner=X file=/oraclebackup/plvwdbX.bkp record=y

IMPORT:
imp system/manager file=/oraclebackup/plvwdbX.bkp rows=y grants=n indexes=n touser=X fromuser=X ignore=y

What am i missing here ?

Thanks

Raju

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST