Re: Checking Oracle Certification

From: <holmesb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

In article <89jia1$sb5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   markp7832_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <38BD1B7B.369BAB86_at_Unforgetable.com>,
> K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> > Frank Hubeny wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a way to quickly check if someone has the Oracle
 certification
> > > that they claim to have on a resume?
> > >
> > > Frank Hubeny
> >
> > They should be able to produce the certificate signed by Oracle.
> >
> Who carries a certificate around, except maybe a wallet version?
>
> When I was certified for Oracle version 7 by Chauncey, I believe it
 was
> the IOUG that maintained a list of certified people on their web site.
> I would hope Oracle or the testing service verdor would do the same.
> --
> Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
> you follow so follow your own advice --
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sylvan does not have the Chauncey info. Oracle Corporation does not have the Chauncey info either. I asked and Oracle told me to tell Sylvan that I was Chauncey certified. Sylvan actually gave me a fax number so that I could fax my Chauncey certificate to them.

Another way one might try to prove it is to show the grading reports for all the tests required for certification or some combo of prior certificate and grade reports.

I'm still waiting for Sylvan to send the certification materials. :(

HTH Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST