Re: LGWR: terminating instance due to error 340 - What's the cause?

From: John Haskins <76054.334SPAMBEGONE_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

Here's a followup on this: Two of the shutdowns generated trace files. Both of those trace files contained the following lines:

ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00340: IO error processing online log of thread

One of these listed a current SQL statement, while the other did not.

I hope this extra details helps with any suggestions anyone may have.