strange error when I use db link

From: Dong Tang <tangd_at_ctcdist.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

Hi:

I have three Oracle (LINUX, NT, LOCAL) 8.0.5 databases on three machines. I create two database links (LINUX, NT) to the two other databases in the thrid database (LOCAL) .
I can query tables in NT through LOCAL via db link NT, However when I query tables in LINUX through LOCAL via db link LINUX. It gives me error:

ORA-02085: database link LINUX.WORLD connects to BALAK.WORLD

I check TNSNAMES.ORA, and LISTENER.ORA on LOCAL, LINUX and NT. There is no service call BALAK.

All the dababase names in those machine are ORCL.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks ahead

my e-maill: tangd_at_ctcdist.com

Don Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST