Re: CHECKPOINTS

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: 2000/03/02

Hi Mario,

This is a DBWn bottleneck.
Some questions ...

What version of AIX?
Is aio available (it should be)?
  To find out, do the following as root
  # smit aio
  select "Change/Show Characteristics of Asynchronous I/O" How many datafiles do you have?
How many physical disks (spindles) underlying the data files (not counting log files)?
What are the values of the following parameters?   use_async_io

  db_writers
  db_files
  db_file_simultaneous_writes

  _db_block_write_batch (if set)