Re: SGA

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/03/02

Conny,

There is no magic formula to size the SGA depending on the size of your database. A lot of factors contribute to how big your SGA size should be. How many concurrent users will you have? Are you running Multi-Threaded Server (MTS)? How often are user's objects being accessed? Lots of questions with no simple answers. Refer to tuning manuals to get an idea of how the SGA is affected by these different sections. Use the V$ views to see which areas of your SGA are sized properly or improperly and adjust accordingly.

HTH,
Brian

Conny wrote:

> Hello all....
> Is there any formula that i can use to calculate my SGA??
> I am going to have many db's on my server and each db will be 100 meg. So
> what would be a good SGA size for a DB of 100meg?
>
> Thank you again.. Conny

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center