Re: string manipulation in procedures

From: <aganand_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

Hello

  I liked this idea for doing batch gets from the stored procedure. Earlier I was using a cursor variable defined globally in a package and then using DBMS_SQL package to attach this cursor variable to do fetch in batches depending upon the batch size and leaving this cursor open if it still had records left. Everything worked fine but I had to use Dynamic Sql packages even when it was not required.  I tested this method and it works fine for small tables , but for large tables it seems to be very slow. I tried running query on all_users table which had approx 500 rows , it worked fine but on a table with 200000 records it just sleeps for a while.  Is there any other way to do gets in batches.  The scenario is that I have to call a stored procedure from a JAVA Code and the resultset is huge so it has to be called in batches.

 Regards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST