Re: Oracle/3rd party tool/utility to copy data from one table to the other

From: Prem Gadey <prem_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

I mean "insert into table2 select * from table1", which works but since my table2 is pretty huge with several indexes, it is taking very long time to complete the task.

I am wondering if there are any tools to copy from one table and write to the other (existing table with same structure) pretty fast like sqlldr.

sqlldr works only with the data files. spool in Oracle creates not just data but all other commands which cant really be used to insert directly. If there is some utility to write to file other than spool and then I can use sqlldr, that may be good too.

export/import do not work on tables in the same database.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
With regards,