Mutiple Developers developing one PL/SQL Package

From: <jlipner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

Looking for any advice on how to handle multiple developers (5-20) working simultaneously on a single PL/SQL package? The reason we want each package to be big is to enable the building of highly functional components, with all methods (procs and functions) able to reference and modify modular level variables.

Clearly if we had highly granular packages, we could use standard library management and each developer would check out what he's working on (at the "scripts that create the package and package body" level).

How can more one developer work on big_package.proc_a while another works on big_package.function_a while another tweaks big_package.customer_cursor? Any ideas/sharing of experiences would be most appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST