ANO and authentication

From: Chris Grey <cgrey_at_jps.net>
Date: 2000/03/01

I need to find someone who has actually setup ANO 2.3.4 with Securid as the authentication method.
My client has installed ANO on a HPUX 10.20 7.3.4.3 database.
Installed Ace server client software in /var/ace to asstablish the oracle database server as a client to the ace server.
They have had the ace admin register the database server as a client.

We have gone to /var/ace/prog and run sdshell to test the ace server with a securid card and userid and this will authenticate.

We put SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (BEQ, SECURID) in the sqlnet.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin we have also tried (SECURID) without BEQ.

We have tried this with and without encryption parameters.

we setup the securid's in the ace server with in the database as external.
create user <userid> identified externally;

It does not appear to call authentication when doing a loop back on the database server.
sqlplus /@ACB or

sqlplus <pin>/<securid code>@ACB
sqlplus <pin><secureid code>/@ACB
sqlplus /<pin><securid code>@ACB

We get ORA-01017 INVALID USERNAME/PASSWORD as if there is no authentication.

Now the manual says
remote_os_authentication = false is correct webiv note says use true.

If there is anyone in the known world please reply. Or if you know someone that might know someone that knows something about this.

--

Chris Grey
cgrey_at_jps.net

Visit my Web Site at: