Re: Oracle Pricing is kind of lame

From: Stefan Rudolph-Klindtwort <StefanRudolph-Klindtwort_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/02/27

Tip :
You can choose between Processor-Power or Named-User :

Take a look at
http://store.oracle.com/cec/cstage?eccookie=&ecaction=ecpassthru2&template=w alkin1.en.htm

But remember : Processor is nothing / Disk I/O is all ....

Invest in your Disk-Sub-System !!

Greetinx Rudi
sphinx99 <address_at_dontspamme.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: aa0hbss9p6v23tr024kq57fmkd9ngdpbla_at_4ax.com...
> We recently purchased a new Sun server for our data warehouse, because
> the old one was seriously bottlenecking on compute power; under the
> new minimum named/proc scheme, I have to purchase 100 named user
> licenses that I don't need, just to move to the new box. Argh!
>
> I guess Larry needs our money to pay for his antique chinese armor or
> whatever.
>
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:51:22 GMT, "Kevin A Lewis"
> <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I understand and agree with all the comments about the pricing of
 Oracle -
> >they know how to make databases and money, but not how to win friends.
> >
> >However, be careful you aim your criticism in the right direction. As I
> >understand it the change in pricing policy has two other aims. Firstly to
> >enable a pricing structure to handle LARGE numbers of connections to be
> >accounted for in Internet style implementations. Then secondly to enable
 the
> >worldwide selling of the product at common pricing across the WWW.
 (though