Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Duncan Taylor <dtaylor_at_qnet.com>
Date: 2000/02/26

Shared nothing usually refers to the sharing of hardware i.e. shared RAM memory backplane. Either there is a single "shared" instance of the db (shared among nodes via the common memory) or it is "shared nothing", and there are copies of the db on each participating node. Each node running a portion of a SQL transaction on it's copy of the db in concert with the other nodes. Thats at least a "view at 30,000 feet" description.

regards.