Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/02/24

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:07:08 -0500, Larry Edelstein <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com> wrote:

>To answer your question, Oracle had both DB2 UDB and Informix as real
>competition prior to SQL Server 7. And as of now, if you ask any of the
>major consulting firms like Gartner, Meta, Giga or if you cruise the press,
>you will find that DB2 UDB is still "real" competition for Oracle ... very
>real.

And that boys and girls, is the stark naked truth! Many years ago when I was at ORACLE, I warned them many, many times the REAL danger was DB2. Not Ingres, Sybase and MS/SS: those were just pebbles. Every single ORACLE "illuminati" tought I was mad, a "mainframe neandertal" and other niceties.

IBM has the people and the serious industry attitude to do real damage to ORACLE. And they're starting to have the product too... It's gonna be fun from now on! Watch out, Larry. I mean, the ORACLE Larry! :-)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CST