Re: Oracle Pricing is kind of lame

From: blah <blah_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/02/24

 I have heard that Oracle will try to at least appear to be jumping through hoops to negotiate if you tell them you will most likely have to go with SQL Server because of pricing.
Oracle is designed for high - end mostly Unix based environments, but SQL Server is kind of a crappy product in comparison (I've admined both). So it may be in Oracle's best interest to try to work with smaller companies on pricing to eliminate the perception that only large companies should be using their products.