Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Larry Edelstein <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2000/02/23

Hi,

6.1 is good but the best is yet to come in V7 (or whatever they call the next release). The DB2 newsgroup has said that plans (although always subject to change) include:

and much much more. Compatibility with the mainframe is always important and is getting closer and closer. From application, API, DDL, and DML perspective, that compatibility is pretty much there. In fact, some people use it on LAN platforms for development and target the mainframe for execution.

jahorsch_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <38B42FDC.CE7FD167_at_us.ibm.com>,
> Larry Edelstein <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > To answer your question, Oracle had both DB2 UDB and Informix as real
> > competition prior to SQL Server 7. And as of now, if you ask any of
 the
> > major consulting firms like Gartner, Meta, Giga or if you cruise the
 press,
> > you will find that DB2 UDB is still "real" competition for Oracle ...
 very