Re: Help! Sorting->Updating Table

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:42:38 GMT

Oracle adds a ROWNUM pseudo column to every table you create. So, you could try:

select * from spec_list
order by rownum desc

This should work if you only INSERT new spec_types. If you also UPDATE existing ones with new values, then this won't do the trick.

Sergey

In article <891ea5$aqn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   sjoshi_at_ingr.com wrote:
> Hello
> I have this problem. I have a table (spec_list) with (character)
field
> spec_type. Now the data in the table is unsorted and I want to sort
the
> data with any specType I add to come first when I do a select * from
> speec_list.
> I'm wondering how I can do this regulary, since there is not date
> field in the table and I always want it to show newly added fields
> first. Is there a way to sort/update the table ??
>
> thanks
> Sunit
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 17:42:38 CST