Re: Windows 2000 Install

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:35:59 GMT

I have just read in InfoWorld magazine that Oracle and DB2 will release their databases for Windows 2000 in about 3 months. Unless you have an early version of Oracle that is supposed to work with Win2K, I don't think that you will be able to install at all.

There are a number of people who are waiting for Win2K version of Oracle, and I am one of them. If you got a copy that works, let me know where I can get it.

Thank you,

Sergey

In article <891ed2$hrf$1_at_nntp5.atl.mindspring.net>,   "Fender" <efender_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to install both Oracle8 on Win2K Professional, both
server
> and personal editions, and get an error on trying to stop the listener
> service. At that point, both installations quit. I think the
versions I am
> trying to install are 8.0.3 and 8.0.4, respectively. Will 8.0.5 or
8.1.5
> install on Professional?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 17:35:59 CST