Re: Installing Oracle 8.1.5 on unixware 7.1 Arrgghh!!!

From: Dave Smith <toastkid_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:36:27 GMT

In article <qcEs4.241$Dl1.11369229_at_news1.van.metronet.ca>,   "Dennis" <temp208_at_ipipeline.net> wrote:
> Anyone out there who's actually succeeded at this? I'm having two
problems.

> 1) My install claims it can't detect the native protocol (TCP/IP).
Which is
> crap, because I'm *using* telnet and ftp all the time. It allows me to
> continue, though.
>
> 2) All the make's fail. The installer gives the usual amount of detail
> (none), but the dtterm behind it says " java.io.IOException: Resource
> temporarily unavailable".
>
> I've got TARs open on both of these, but I've gotten nada so far from
tech
> support.

Sorry to say I don't really have an answer. I had the same problem, and I manually performed the link operations that were listed in the installation log as they failed. i.e. fail - link - retry.

It took bloody ages but it worked at the end.

Lets hope 8.1.6 fixes this 'cos Oracle runs really well on UnixWare. --
Dave Smith
Arsitocrat Leisure Industries Pty Ltd
Sydney
Australia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 16:36:27 CST