Re: Oracle on NT

From: Daniel Brewer <nospam>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:32:57 -0500

Oracle strongly recommends against it. With everything on one machine (our test machine - Dell Poweredge 6300, 1 gig memory, 2 Pentium II 400 mhz Xeon processors), it will support around 65 app connections before having connection problems. With the stack split (Forms Server - Dell Poweredge 2300, 1 gig memory, 2 Pentium II 333 mhz processors Database Server - Dell Poweredge 6300, 1 gig memory, 2 Pentium II 400mhz Xeon processors), we have had 160+ with a combination of Apps and a custom app for time entry. If you want 150 concurrent users, I see no way you can do it with one machine. And watch out for the Y2k bug with the installer. You cannot install OAS 3.0.1.1 with the Y2k compliant installer. It wants to be installed with the installer from the CD. When I was rebuilding our test server 2 weeks ago, I had to roll back the clock 1 year, install all the software, roll the clock forward and then install the Y2K compliant installer. And Oracle has known about Y2K for how long?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:03:36 +0100, Doktor <doktor_at_post.pl> wrote:

-> Oracle only supports everything on one machine on a test
->> machine.
->
->Why, it is NCA architecture ???!!!
->
->It's not true, many of out customers has technology stack on one
machine
->and this configuration is supported. On MetaLink-Certify isnt't
->limitations about location of NCA tiers. But I agree, it's not to
good
->idea.