Re: delete / drop database

From: JP Moresmau <jeffries_at_indigo.ie>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:03:50 -0000

Two things:
- databases in MS SQL Server are more logical databases (the master database is separate from them). In Oracle, you have "schemas", mapped to users, that hold logical information and that can be backed up individually. But they all belong to the same database as such. If you connect as a Administrator, "select username from dba_users" will yield a list of these schemas... "drop user myuser cascade" will drop a schema and all its objects.

Hope this helps!

--
JP Moresmau
jpmor_at_gofree.indigo.ie