Performance between SQL*PLUS and web browser

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:44:08 GMT

Oracle 8i for RedHat 6.0 Linux.

Our web application accesses the back-end oracle database to generate some reports in the web browser. (using JDBC)

For the same report SQL script, if we run it from 'SQL*PLUS', the performance is OK. But if we run the same report from browser, the performance is very very bad. Say, it takes 2-3 seconds to run a report SQL in SQL*PLUS, but in browser it will take 10 minutes to get the report.

For the same application and same oracle database, the performance in browser and SQL*PLUS are almost the same in Solaris. (hardware config is also the same)

My question:

  1. Is that possible that we don't config the Oracle for Linux correctly? If so, what should we check?
  2. In our case, since it is related to SQL*NET, how can we check the config of SQL*NET is right?
  3. Is that possible that because of Linux or Oracle for Linux?
  4. Since we use JDBC, how can we check JDBC run OK or config correctly?

Thanks a lot!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:44:08 CST