Standby database on 8.0.5 vs 8.1.5 (on NT)

From: JIM McINTOSH <jcmcintosh_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:40:55 GMT

Hello. I am researching the pro's and con's of installing a standby database solution on version 8.0.5 versus version 8.1.5 on NT boxes. I realize that I must use 8.1.5 to get the more automated standby features. If I choose a lesser version, then I will be responsible for writing OS scripts to transfer and apply archive files. How well do the new automated features work on 8.1.5? I have found documentation on what it does when it works correctly, but I have found nothing that explains what happens when things go wrong (E.g., on of the boxes goes down, network failure, etc.). Is there anyone with standby deployed on NT using 8.1.5 that can give a critique? In general, will version 8.1.5 be easy to migrate from 7.3?

By the way, is there a place that I can search the archives of this group?

Jim McIntosh Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 07:40:55 CST