Re: Newbie question

From: Sandra Fraune <sandra_at_muenster.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:11:15 GMT

Hi,

if I understand you right, you will execute sqlplus-commands automated by a unix-script, perhaps with the help of crontab.

Okay, because the 'cron' do not enter the /etc/profile or .profile you had to put the environment parameter on top of your script. Now, to execute sqlplus in a shellscript enter:

sqlplus /@{ORACLE_SID}<<-EOF

        #here you can enter your sql-statements#

EOF If you will not connect as / you had to create an OPS$-account.

May this help?

Sandra Fraune

In article <8908r8$aub$1_at_tilde.csc.ti.com>,   "Dave Hedgehog" <K.Ratcliff_at_myteethbtinternet.com> wrote:
> Hope somebody can help me out with this....
>
> We have a EDI package which uses an Oracle 8 database.
> I have been asked to write an PL/SQL stored procedure to access this
> database & extract some information
> for reporting purposes (possibly using UTL_FILE ?).
> I don't have a problem writing & executing any SQL through SQL*PLUS in
> windows but how would I go about
> executing the stored procedure in a live environment through a UNIX
> automated script ? Is this possible ?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Keith
>
> --
> Please remove myteeth before replying

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 07:11:15 CST