Problem Installing Oracle8i on Linux

From: Martin Wilber <mwilber_at_enteract.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 05:07:42 -0600

I'm trying to install Oracle8i on Linux. When I am at the Oracle Universal Installer screen, the following message appears:

"Unable to create directory /proc/OraHome1. You may not have enough permission to create the directory or there is no space left in the volume."

There is plenty of space on my system, but I'm not sure if the authority for the proc directory is correct. What should be the correct authority for the proc directory?

thx

Marty Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 05:07:42 CST