Re: connecting to database

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:54:10 GMT

In article <ie2s4.13945$MZ2.232860_at_news1.wwck1.ri.home.com>,   "Louis Frolio" <frolio_at_home.com> wrote:
> greeting all, I am a newbie and would appreciate information regarding
the
> method
> to connect to a database. I installed Oracle 8.0.5.0 on NT sp 5. The
> database
> installs with a default database "default". However, I used the
Oracle
> Database
> Assistant to create a new database "Cats" and now I can't seem to see
it
> when I open
> Schema Manager or the Instance Manager. I went to NT Services and I
see
> that the
> Cats instance is running? What do I need to do to see "Cats' database
in
> either Schema
> Manager or Instance Manager? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
1. Use DOS command to do :

         1.1 set ORACLE_SID=cats
         1.2 svrmgrl - try connecting tho the DB.
         If succedes then try SQL*Net

2. Configure the connection to the DB with SQL*Net easy config. So, u'll have a definition for it and test it.
3. So, if these two runs well - U R connected.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 01:54:10 CST