Oracle8i EE on NT4/SP6 won't authenticate users...

From: LabRat <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:45:10 -0800

Hi everyone,

I'm having a huge problem on a fresh install of Oracle8i EE on my NT4/SP6 box. If I add users to the database user list in any category (remote/local/admin) I cannot get the DB to authenticate anything other than scott/tiger either through the local client or ODBC. The only username/password it will accept is scott/tiger (the same as used to test the installation through Net8). I can operate just fine with scott/tiger, adding tables, queries, etc. but I cant get any other user authentication working at all. What do I do?? This is becoming a serious problem. Can anyone help me figure out why it won't authenticate any other users.

Thanks,
LabRat Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:45:10 CST