Re: I want to lock the table.

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:54:53 -0600

One way in Oracle 8.1.5 is to use the lock command. This can be found in the Oracle 8i SQL Reference, page 744.

For example, "lock table xyz in exclusive mode;"

Other users trying to insert, update or delete rows in the table will not be able to until a commit is issued releasing the lock.

Another way is to use the dbms_lock package. This can be found in the Oracle 8i Supplied Packages Reference, chapter 18.

Frank Hubeny