I got 8i to work on Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 - Thank you!

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 03:47:48 GMT

Thank you, Jonathan, my 8i is happy now. After a burnout weekend and an extra day I got it to work on my laptop running
Caldera 2.2

I'll try to find some time and post the entire installation procedure on my website. I will post the URL on this newsgroup when the page is ready.

Sergey

>1. After patches are applied, it says
>"Please link the Oracle Intelligent Agent executables now,
>as outlined in the Release Note." How do I relink that
>stuff? I couldn't find any docs about it on my CD.

 I can't help you on question 1.

>2. The first time I ran the patches, generated log files
>complained that there was no gmake on my system. So, I created
>a link from gmake to make and reran the patch process. Was that
>allright to do?

 I tried the same thing using Caldera 2.3, and I still got  errors when I applied the patch. I ended up installing Red  Hat 6.0, Reinstalling oracle, and reapplying the patch.  Everything worked fine using Red Hat. I believe Oracle only  certifies 8i for Red Hat.

 I don't recall getting the message about relinking the  Intelligent Agent executables after switching to Red Hat.  It's possible that I did. I just don't remember.

 Hope thishelps,

 Jonathan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 21:47:48 CST