Re: Free space not re-used

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:01:16 GMT

Hi Mark,

No, a wait to reuse an in-use ITL entry because of insufficient free space to dynamically create another one is shown as an 'enqueue' wait. The waiter waits for a shared mode lock on the TX enqueue for the transaction using the ITL that it has chosen to wait for.

In general, you should not use a non-default INITRANS setting, and particularly in this case, because it would compromise data density severely. In general, that risk is adequately managed by ensuring that PCTFREE is non-zero, but in some cases it is neccessary to allow PCTFREE to be slightly larger than the average row length.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/