Re: Oracle on NT

From: Daniel Brewer <nospam>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:29:23 -0500

Are you going with just one machine? You will need to split out the technology stack at least between two machines to be supported by Oracle (Forms server on one and Database, concurrent manager on the other). Oracle only supports everything on one machine on a test machine. 150 users will be steep. Each Applications user can take up to 35-45 megs of ram each on the Forms Server. 150 users using an average of 20 megs per user would take 3 gigs of memory alone on the Forms Server. Of course Oracle says each process will release memory when it becomes tight:)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:29:54 GMT, master0367_at_my-deja.com wrote:

->We are planning on implementing Oracle Financials,
->on NT. I have looked at a system with 4
->processors 550MHz Pentium III Xeon. The base
->processor comes with 512K L2 cache. If I need to
->upgrade to 1MB or 2MB, there is a heavy premium
->attached to it. Will the 4 processor with 512K,
->L2 cache be enough with 1GB RAM? The number of
->concurrent users would be around 150. Or do I
->have to upgrade the L2 cache? I have read some
->where beyond 512K, increasing L2 cache would
->actually degrade the peformance. Is that true?
->
->
->Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
->Before you buy.