Re: Oracle on WinNT Installation - 2 questions

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:15:49 +0100

1 Standalone server. A BDC and a PDC synchronize every 15 minutes, this means overhead.
Also make sure the server is optimised for network operations as opposed to file server operations (server item in network applet in control panel) 2
RAID 0+1 is necessary for drives continually and sequentially written to, ie control files plus online redo log files.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA