Install Oracle 8i Personal on Win98 -- Please HELP!

From: <mindchi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:10:06 GMT

I just recently downloaded Oracle 8i Personal from OTN. When I try to install it, I get the first screen of the Oracle Installer. There are no installed products shown in list (as should be), and it requests me to press next to continue installation. When I click on "next" button the install just exist. No error message, no nothing. Since no message is printed and I do not see any error log files around anywhere, I am at a loss to figure out what is the problem.

Has anyone out there run into this problem and already solved it?

Thanks.

Thom --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:10:06 CST