Re: Migration - MS Access2000 to Oracle8i?

From: Jack Montealegre <jmontealegre_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:55:27 -0500

Had the same problem Dipak.

SQL Loader requires you to write out configuration files to determine who, what, where and how it should understand the data being imported. In my opinion this is enough to break out the machine gun and mow ppl down :)

But seriously try using the beta program from oracle called workbench. It worked for me with no problems, no muss no fuss.

It's at;
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/migration/workbench/

Now if someone can tell me how to get Excel into an existing Oracle table. Or just into Oracle and then copy and paste the info into the existing table, that would be great!

Jack