TNS Listener eating 100% CPU

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:24:41 -0500

I installed Personal Oracle 7.3 on a standalone desktop machine running Windows NT Workstation. It has been working fine for two years. I recently added a NIC to the machine and put it on a 3-station LAN running NetBEUI and TCP/IP. Now, the TNSListener service is consuming 100% of the CPU on that machine.

The only other postings I could find about the listener eating CPU had to do with DEV2000. What could be causing this situation, and how can I begin to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!
Tim Romano Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:24:41 CST