Re: export/import different SID

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:34:20 GMT

hi.

create your tablespaces and user (schema) first - then define those new tablespaces as your default tablespaces for that user. Set quota=0 for the original tablespace on your destination machine, and then specify that you want to import from user to user and perform the import. There is a very good bulletin on metalink, DocID: 61949.1, Subject: Export and Import Bulletin. If you do a search on 61949.1 it should come up.

sonya

In article <38B2B5EE.F73B92F6_at_biostat.ufl.edu>,   Derrius Marlin <dmarlin_at_biostat.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Can a a full or user mode export be imported into a new DB
> (different machine) with a different SID?
>
> What I want to do is to move a DB (mostly all objects associated
> with a particular schema) from one machine to another both using
> Oracle 7.3.4. In the process I want to use a different SID name
> and locate the datafiles in different paths than the original DB.
>
> Any suggestions for how to best do this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks much,
> --
> -Derrius

> Derrius Marlin, Systems Manager University of Florida
> dmarlin_at_biostat.ufl.edu Division of Biostatistics
> http://www.biostat.ufl.edu/~dmarlin (352) 392-8446

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:34:20 CST