Re: Oracle versus SQLServer - Pro & Cons

From: Guy van den Berg <guy.vandenberg_at_compaq.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:41:31 +0100

[snip]

>MySQL has a pretty good reputation. It is especially widely used under
Linux.
>It probably fits in somewhere between Oracle and MS-SQL when it comes to
>scalability and usability.

Ooohhhh...I hope your joking...

MySQL is a great product, I've been using it since it's very early days, however its isn't anywhere near the likes of MS-SQL or Oracle!!!

Just a few points...

Again MySQL is a great product for what it was designed for..i.e. fast web based operation. No offense Monty!

Cheers,
g.

Guy van den Berg, MCSE, MCT

P.s. I wouldn't say that MySQL is free...mail mysql-licensing_at_mysql.com to be sure ;) Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 11:41:31 CST