Re: OS Block Size - MS Windows NT

From: Tommy Nobl <tnoble_at_lawaudit.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:01:17 -0500

For those following, this is the response I am going with.

I am advising the DBA to use multiples of 4K for DB block size, and verifying that the cluster size on all partitions to be used for tablespaces is also 4K (or less). Also note, if I am correct, with drives larger than some size (1 or 2G?), NT will usually default to 4K clusters when formatting, so that compression can be supported.

Thanks all!

Tommy Noble
tnoble_at_lawaudit.com Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:01:17 CST