Re: First day date of a month

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:31:15 GMT

If you're always going to get the first day date of the month, then really all you need to determine is the month and year of the current date.

SELECT TO_DATE( '01' || TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'MMYYYY'), 'DDMMYYYY')   FROM DUAL; On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:26:55 +0800, Norazman <norazman_at_ti.com> wrote:

>Hi how to get the firts day date of the month in SQL.
>Ie since today is feb so it should be 01-feb-2000
>thanks

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 07:31:15 CST