Re: Urgent!!!!Rollback segment problem

From: Thomas Jork <tj_at_net-dept.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:28:42 +0100

hi mike

a transaction uses extents of a rollback segment in an ordered circular fashion and
a transaction can reuse an extent within a rollback segment ONLY if it is free or inactive.
so if your first transaction uses 50mb of your single extent and the next 70mb transaction starts,
you 're running in trouble with your last 20mb of the second transaction, because oracle can't
reuse this already used extent.

BUT, why will you use only one extent. i can not see any reason to do it this way

thomas