Re: Urgent!! Question about Rollback Segment

From: Owais Anjum <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:11:51 GMT

In article <38b1fdc0_3_at_news1.prserv.net>,   "Mike Ng" <mike_at_email.tech-trans.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hava a question that
> Can I allocate a very large extent for each rollback segment? Multiple
> transactions can use the same extent in rollback segment. Is it right?
Or
> one new transaction need at least one new extent in rollback segment.
> It makes me mess.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Best regards,
> Mike Ng

YES, you can allocate one very large extent to the rollback segment.

Again, YES, multiple transactions can use the same extent in a rollback segment. It is only the segment block, that is exclusive to one and only one transaction.

Not knowing the exact nature of your transactions, I shall just make one generic comment. Having a small number of extents significantly increases the probability of dynamic growth of the RB segment. (Oracle manuals for details on this one !!)

Hope it helps
--
Owais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 03:11:51 CST