Re: Oracle 8.0.6 Unixware 7.1.1 - It gives us no joy.

From: Dave Smith <toastkid_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:28:24 GMT

In article <88sd3r$ocj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   juleszappala_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone out there ever tried to get Ora
> 8.0.6.0.0 working under Sco Unixware 7.1.1 for
> Intel???
>
> We're having soooo much bother here and we're
> running out of coffee and pizza real quick wilst
> getting nowhere.
>
> We've tried all documented bug fixes that we can
> find and are speaking to both SCO and Oracle -
> who are drawing blanks...
>
> The problem seems to relate to the allocation (or
> lack thereof) of semaphores in the Sco Kernel -
> Oracle wants more that the kernel will permit
>
> Any ideas????
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Jules.
>
> MusicFreeEnjoy
> www.peoplesound.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

There is an SCO Technical Note on this. You must modify /etc/conf/cf.d/stune to include

SEMMNI 200
SEMMNS 400
SEMMSL 300 and rebuild the kernel.

This is all in the installation guide, and is almost identical to the steps required on Solaris.
--
Dave Smith
Arsitocrat Leisure Industries Pty Ltd

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 18:28:24 CST