Oracle Error 27123:Unable to attach to shared memory

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:13:01 +1100

Could you please help me with this.
WE are running Oracle 8i on linux (Red hat 6.0, 2.2.7-1.15 kernel), and we getting Oracle Error 27123:Unable to attach to shared memory Segment when we bumped up the DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS to a high value. We have played with the buffers and found out that the maximum SGA size it can go to is 140MB before Oracle gives this error. We have nearly 0.5 gig physical memory and would like to have a bigger SGA.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thank you Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 16:13:01 CST