Re: OS Block Size - MS Windows NT

From: Tommy Nobl <tnoble_at_lawaudit.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:01:01 -0500

Right, but how can I (or my DBA) determine what the lowest-best value for this setting would be under NT. For instance, under VMS, the OS block size is (or used to be) 512 bytes (and I think it cannot be changed), so the DB block size could be any multiple of that (i.e. 512 x 5 = 2560). I think you can set this database parameter however you like, but if you know the OS block size, you can set it most efficiently so as little disk space as possible is consumed by empty allocation.

Am I making sense?

Thanks

Tommy Noble
tnoble_at_lawaudit.com