Re: cause of shutdown

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:19:06 GMT

Since you didn't restart the database and you didn't have to do media recovery on startup, the likely cause was either

  1. Someone else stopped and started your database
  2. Something brought down the server and when the server restarted it found your OracleSIDService was set to start automatically and it did that.

Van