Re: Closing Cursors

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:58:27 -0000

The performance impact is a bit of a surprise, presumably there must be some fairly heavy table processing which results in lots of mallocing, freeing and fragmentation of memory.

First thought it to try and find some trade-offs over the frequency and size of the tables you free using this method.

Second thought - can you create some 'static' tables, populated with nulls say, and use them in some way to avoid memory manipulation.

What sort of sizes do you tables reach ?

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk