ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

From: Frank an der Heiden <fh_at_energotec.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:05:42 +0100

hello together,

i have a little problem concerning the mentioned error message.

i have a programm using c-functions from the pro*c compiler of oracle 8.0.5. i am using nt 4.0 sp6.

my database-server consists of two parallel threads.

the first thread connects to the local default database by using

   EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
   char *uid = "name/passwd";
   EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;    EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid;

the second thread connects to a remote database on an other workstation via tcp/ip network and connects using:

void remote_connect(const char *host)
{

   EXEC SQL DECLARE REMOTEDB DATABASE;
   EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

     char username[10] = "username";
     char password[10] = "passwd";
     char db_string[20] = "";

   EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;    strcpy(db_string, host);

   EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password AT REMOTEDB USING:db_string;

db_string is an oracle net8-service name.

all connections are established properly, and every SQL command works fine. but if i cut the network for a while and try to reconnect to the remote database, i get the error message:

ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

the online-documentation tells me to contact oracle ;-((

any idea?????
what went wrong?

thanx in advance

--
MfG / best regards

Frank an der Heiden
Energotec Systeme und Automation GmbH
Tel.: +49 0211 91440-19
email: fh_at_energotec.de Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 12:05:42 CST