Re: Memory for 8i on Linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:43:52 +0100

We once had a database instance go corrupt by running two instances on a system with only 64 Mb. Took hours to recover, as the only option was restore a complete spare copy.
IMO 128 M is 128 M (and usually Oracle starts running smoothly in 256 M) and memory is cheap enough nowadays,
and you already saved $$ on the operating system.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA