Re: How to create HTML from Oracle

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:48:08 GMT

There are basically three possibilities you can explore to generate for plsql web cartrige. (There could be more which I do not know).

  1. Use Oracle Des2k to generate all the PLSQL. This is the recommended way but downside is that you have to BUY and LEARN Des2k.
  2. Generate your code using web db and then modify it manully. Could be a little hard initially but once practiced it is faily stardard code.
  3. You could also use BLDHTM command of my SQLPlusPlus (freeware) which generated all PLSQL code around a given table to add/insert/delete/query rows using web cartidge. The biggest advantage of this code is that it is simple and extremely easy to modify. (It does not use Web DB extensions to standard PLSQL web cartridge).

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

+---------------------------------------------------------------

Håkan Wahlberg <hakan.wahlberg_at_bol.boliden.se> wrote in message news:38AEDB64.E0D5965C_at_bol.boliden.se...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been working with Oracle 8.1.5 now for a couple of weeks trying
> to develop some
> databasedriven webapplications using PL/SQL and the web toolkits in
> WebDB (HTP, HTF packages etc).
> No, I don't use the OAS 4.0.x, only WebDB.
> I want my applications to use HTML since I find it faster and more
> reliable than Java on the client side.
> It works, but I find myself writing this PL/SQL-code with Emacs. Ok, I
> have full control over the code,
> but are there no other ways to create web-pages from Oracle other than
> writing PL/SQL-code in this (manual) way?
>
> I would like to get some ideas from you, more experienced people. How
do
> you do it?
> I know there are sites driven by Oracle and I don't think the people
> maintaining and developing
> these sites do it manually with their favorite text editor, or ...?
>
> (I hate to admit it but it seems that Microsoft have better tools for
> this?! I hope I'm wrong)
>
> Thank in advance.
> Håkan Wahlberg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 19:48:08 CST