Parallel Query Question

From: Buck Turgidson <jcmanNOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:32:00 GMT

According to the Server Concepts document, a statement is parallelizable if
(1) it includes a hint or the table/index has a degree of paralleism and
(2), at least one of the tables will be a full-table-scan or an index range
scan on a partition.

That said, we want to use PQ in 7.3.4 (partitioning unavailable). We have tuned the query such that it does a full index scan without access by rowid. Since it is an index scan and not a FTS, will it run in parallel? Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 12:32:00 CST