Re: Oracle-Server on NT-Workstation -> Limitations?

From: Hakan Eren <heren_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:36:48 GMT

Hi

This is NT-WS limitation. You cannot go more than 10 users. By the way, I think you should submit this question to NT related newsgroups.
Anyway the following shows the basic differences btw WS and Svr:

                                 Workstation                Server
  Connection
 to other clients               10                         Unlimited
(theory)
  Connection to other
  networks                       Unlimited
Unlimited
  Multiprocessing                 2 CPUs                       4 CPUs
  RAS                            1 connection                  255
connections
  Directory Replication            Import                    Import and
Export
  Macintosh Services                  No                           Yes
  Logon Validation                    No
Yes
  Disk Fault Tolerance                No                             Yes
  Network                       Peer-to-peer
Server

Hakan